View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
I haven't seen this problem mentioned by anyone else (but I may have missed it) so I started a new thread.

My Kobo updated the other day to 2.4.0 and now all my ADE DRM protected epubs will not open. I get a message that says

"This document is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign in and try again"
I had a similar problem, and this is what Kobo Customer Care told me to do, and it worked:

"Please click settings on your eReader and go to account. Here you can see which email address is signed in to ADE.

If your email address is correct in here and it still does not work, we would like to ask you to re-authorize your device.

Please remove the book in question from both the eReader and Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and then follow the steps below to deauthorize and reauthorize the eReader and your computer:

To deauthorize and re-authiorize the computer:
1. Open ADE
2. Press the Ctrl+Shift+D (Command+Shift+D on Mac) keys at the same time to Deauthorize a Computer
3. Click DEAUTHORIZE
4. Click QUIT
5. ADE will close.
6. Re-open ADE
7. The SETUP ASSISTANT will appear on your screen.
8. Click CONTINUE.
9. Select AUTHORIZE COMPUTER and enter your Adobe ID.
10. Click ACTIVATE.
11. Click FINISHED.

To deauthorize and re-authiorize the eReader
1. Open ADE
2. Connect your eReader to the computer (If you have a Kobo eReader select CONNECT or MANAGE LIBRARY)
3. Press the Ctrl+Shift+E (Command+Shift+E on Mac) keys at the same time.
4. Select the eReader you wish to deauthorize from the drop down menu
5. Click DEAUTHORIZE
6. Click OK
7. Safely eject your eReader and disconnect it from the computer.
8. Connect your eReader to the computer again (If you have a Kobo eReader select CONNECT or MANAGE LIBRARY)
9. The DEVICE SETUP ASSISTANT pop-up will appear on your screen.
10. Click AUTHORIZE DEVICE.
11. Click FINISHED.

Please note: If you receive an error message stating that you have authorized too many devices, please contact Adobe to help resolve this issue."

Last edited by tkavan; 02-23-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: To correct punctuation.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote