View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Canapin
Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookripper View Post
maybe a stupid question but why do you want to read comics on an Ereader? Those things can handle normal books, at best. It's slower than a tablet, the screen is ridiculously small for reading comics, and E-ink sucks for anything besides Ebooks. Not to mention the crappy pdf-support and even crappier zoom options...
I know e-readers aren't the best way to read comics, because actually there are no best way (I mean, other than physical books).
So, I want to (and I do) read my comics on my odyssey HD for the same reason I read books on it : it doesn't take much space on my house.
I'm keeping using it, waiting for an manga specialized e-reader. I guess there should be some in a few years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Properly converted PDF and ePUB shouldn't be much larger than the pictures alone. It should be possible to create a PDF with no margins at all (but if the aspect ratio is not the same as the screen, you'll see some margin, of coures). With ePub it needs more fiddling, but by adding "@page { margin: 0 }" to the CSS you can probably remove some of it (the rest through standard CSS margins). Wrapping each image in SVG may give you more control with scaling.
I tried to convert my pictures to PDF with Image2PDF, but this software is crap : almost no available PDF options.
I also tried with Calibre, but I didn't find how I can check margins or page ratio on the PDF configuration. Maybe I missed something?

About the image size that increases a lot, it seems the conversion converts them from 8 bits to 32 bits, but I could be wrong, I should verify this.
Canapin is offline   Reply With Quote