View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
2.5mm is a standard, albeit not as common a standard as 3.5mm. It's pretty easy to get 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters.
True, but it is still a uncommon standard, outside the mobile phone industry.
Most If not all good quality headphones use the 3.5mm standard, and I've learnt to my misfortune to minimise the number of extra dongles, as I tend to be a bit clumsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect View Post
instead of buying an adapter use your money on the cheapest mp3 player you can find and it will be much better than the cybook. its a wonderful reader but a crappy player. the 2.5mm plug is the manufacturers way of letting you know this through the specs
I do have a nice MP3 player. I was interested in testing out all the different features, and figured it would be nice to be able to use the mp3 player on the Gen3 in a pinch sometimes.

I will be buying the adaptor, even if just to round off my collection of sound adaptors ( I used to have one but, lent it to a friend, and as such haven't seen in since ).

I just haven't had the time to go to the local electronics market (can't nip down to the local maplin's, which was just outside my apartment back in the UK) as I want to a get a decent quality one, and need to pick up a few more cables to properly set up my parents home entertainment system. So will probably go this weekend, or sometime next week.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote