View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
why not use the database to transfer the files you waant to your other devices as well, using the save to disk function?
I think what would be cool is if calibre had an "Organize my library" switch like iTunes. If the option is on (the default) it would work how it works now. If the option is off it will only link to where the ebook file currently is. This way you don't need some complex way to specify the way ebooks are stored/organized on the file system.

Either calibre stores then its way or calibre just links to them in the file path. The question then becomes where does it put conversions in this case. My though is it would put it in the same folder as the source file.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote