View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
This is my first participation in a Mobileread book club discussion. I've wanted to participate for some time. I read Shadow of the Wind on my vacation a couple weeks ago. I wasn't as impressed as I was hoping. I found I could have done without much of the meandering around through the middle of the book. I also found - and this may be a translation thing - that there was a lack of good dialogue and too much lengthy narrative.
I was actually okay with the happy ending, although I would have liked more interaction between Thomas and Daniel. I found that entire relationship to be unsatisfactory. It needed to be there for the story to work the way the author wanted it to, but because they hardly interacted with each other it was hard for me to see them as best friends and Thomas's ignoring of Daniel just seemed childish and inconsistent with what we were to believe of him.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote