View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Seems like they could just have the browser override the target=_blank parameter, and open all such links in the existing window. I will send this suggestion to kindle-feedback; you may wish to do the same.
I see how that could solve the problem for a lot of people, unfortunately, it doesn't work for my newsreading style. I like to go down the source page and open a bunch of tabs in the background. Some newsreading systems I have tried work exactly like you suggest. Unfortunately for me, it means that I have to go back and forth a lot. I load a sub-page and read it, and then I have to reload the original (takes time on a slow-ie Kindle-connection), find my place in the list, and go on to the next article.

I'm not saying it won't work for a lot of people, just that its not compatible with my approach.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote