View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 03:36 AM   #135
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipr View Post
Okay, I think I've been misunderstood a bit. The reason I asked the question was because Amazon had it listed in the "Gay and Lesbian" category. That implied to me that it might be a book that was written for that community, as opposed to a mainstream book that might have gay characters.

Despite the trouble that kennyc is trying to stir up by assuming he knows what I'm thinking, I do not have a "strong negative bias". I simply didn't want to read a book that was written solely for the gay community. Because of Amazon's characterization, I was thinking it might be a gay erotic book.
While I think Kenny did jump your throat a bit, I also think you jumped to conclusions rather quickly. For one thing, how would you define a book written for the 'gay community'? I don't even think it makes sense to talk about a gay community in the sense that you could aim books at them. Secondly, all that m/m romance you see are (almost always) written by straight women for straight women - are they the 'gay community'?. Finally, Amazon's defintion og 'gay and lesbian' is far wider than 'gay romance' as you seem to think. To be quite honest I thought it was an odd question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipr View Post
After reading about Rubyfruit on Wikipedia, I see I was justified in my caution. Does anybody know what "Rubyfruit Jungle" refers to? (it's on Wikipedia).
I'm sorry, but now I'm beginning to feel you are biased as well. Rubyfruit Jungle is mainstream/drama/bildungsroman, not genre romance/erotic fiction. And if you've read the first two lines of the Wikipedia article, you'd know what title refers to.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote