Thread: corrupted dbase
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
The better way to do it is to select all the files in Calibre then do a Save to Disk. This will also copy metadata into each individual folder. You can reimport those and all the tags will be there.
I had a feeling what I did was too simple to be correct.
I'm a big fan of using the save to disk feature to back up your books, I even wrote procedures here to do just that. The truth is that the simple way to back up your library according to the creator of Calibre is to copy your library folder to another location. By default the metadata.db file is in the root of the library folder.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote