View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I bought my DXG last year after Thanksgiving, when it was down to $279 for a day or so. I purchased it on a whim, but ultimately, it is the reader I use during the day, when I am not in bed. I have it in a nice easel, and it sits on my kitchen table. When I have lunch or a cappuccino in the afternoon, it is the ereader I use. I'm sad it's not a popular Kindle, but I guess portability trumps larger pages.
I love my DXG as well. It's one of the few gadgets I won't give away.
But: Lots of friends did ask me for advice, when going for their first eReader in the last 2 years or so.
And reaction to Kindle DXG, to my surprise, always was the same: Way too big. I don't need anything that size. Today I'm reading paper books. And even hard covers aren't much bigger. I want about the same or even smaller....

As you said: Portability seems to be key.

To me, this doesn't matter that much.
Yes, I love my Sony tablet P, as I really can take it everywhere.
And of course I usually have my iPhone with me.
But if I compare to this kind of mobility, 6" are way too big as well. I don't take a 5" or 6" reader with me when biking for example.
But when I take a reader with me, it's either in my house (reading in numerous places) or on a business trip or vacation. And then I really don't see a problem, taking DXG with me. I easily can put it in any bag or even in the very same sleeve as my MacBook Air. I guess, it's more a gut feeling than a real argument...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote