View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
I know you said no Kindle, but the Kindle DX is really the best for textbooks due to the amount information that can be displayed. You can easily use a free program like Calibre to convert pdf.

Have you considered a tablet? Battery life may not be great but it is easy to make notes and will read PDFs well.

I personally use my Kindle 3 for PDF textbooks and have never had an issue but I don't make that many annotations, which could be an issue with the 5-way direction buttons. If I were getting another e-reader for studying I would consider a colour one due to the large amount of diagrams my subject required but I guess linguistics is not diagram heavy.

Last edited by Tome Keeper; 04-29-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: more info
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote