View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #96
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayspooled View Post
No, it was nothing Carnegie. .. reasons to only reward good behavior, quite a lot of clear commentary about the types of rewards most people are really after, which is to say - everyone isn't after the big buck ...
I realize it wasn't Carnegie, I only mentioned him because he also speaks of non-monetary rewards. As I recall, there's a line in there about how Napoleon realized that you could control people with "toys" such as job titles that involved no extra pay. He also spoke of the need to be sincere in offering praise. He didn't believe in giving praise or offering rewards bad behavior, but he did recognize the need to recognize and quickly reward the good. That's why I said that perhaps the book you speak of influenced Carnegie.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote