View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #23
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorine View Post
I meant the idea, not the result
(In case I'm unclear I'm not a native english speaker and the words 'agency model' put together are meaningless to me)
A group of the five largest publishers have got together and announced that they will only sell ebooks to retail outlets willing to stick to a set of minimum prices. This is being referred to as the agency pricing model, and is partly designed to stop sellers like Amazon from discounting bestsellers heavily at the time of their hardcover release to attract buyers to their stores.

All the ebooks from these publishers have been pulled from sale over the last couple of days while they get the new pricing structure in place.

Retailers are also scrambling madly to renegotiate their contracts with these publishers.

Until all the new prices are in place it's unclear what the final effect on the various stores and their prices is going to be.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote