View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
hunnymonster
Zealot
hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 wifi, K3 3G, K Touch, K Paperwhite
I smashed my K3 screen about 3 weeks ago. Called Amazon UK guessing I had nothing to lose (worst case they'd say "you broke it you idiot" and I'd lose the price of the call) - they offered sympathy and a discount from a current unit... no need to return the broken device.

By pure serendipity I spotted the replacement screen (part number is ED060SC7) for sale online and a Youtube guide to dismantling the Kindle... if you're that way inclined you can do the repair for around $40/£25 delivered. It's not a process for the faint-hearted or ham-fisted - the entire screen assembly (including the glass rear substrate) is 1.14mm thick (45 thou) - it's a miracle more don't end up smashed.

Last edited by hunnymonster; 01-30-2013 at 08:42 AM.
hunnymonster is offline   Reply With Quote