Thread: Firmware Update Firmware 3.3 broke my kindle
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Ezequiel80
Ezequiel80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ok, after some delay, I'm uploading images with descriptions

This is an overview of how a typical page looks like. As a reference, the original image is on this site.

The image shows parts of a previous article I was reading. Moving to next page and going back to this page makes the text change on the photo

A detailed look on the image:

On the other hand, text looks just fine to me (that's what makes me think this is not just a screen issue)

The text "From the very dedi" is just garbage on the image. The actual text of this page starts at the underlined "Noam"

This is not a problem with the article, it happens on every image I checked and also with the screensavers:

On the other hand, while doing a hard reset you can see an image correctly rendered:

After the reset has finished, going back to the screensaver shows a broken image again

I'm using my kindle to read without any problems but it would be nice to be able to fix this issue.

As a reminder, this problem started after updating firmware. I never applied any jailbreak or hack to the unit, but I'm wiling to do it if that fixes this problem.
Ezequiel80 is offline   Reply With Quote