View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #25
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
What brand of LCD cleaner does that?
It's called "Clean Dr." screen cleaning fluid, free of alcohol & ammonia.

The eReader is still usable, but the originally pleasing blue-grey appearance has taken on an a bit of a sepia tint. It's enough to be distracting, and it slightly degrades the display contrast. Enough to create a little eye strain where before there was none.

I'd guess that millions of people worldwide use a commercial cleaner and are pleased with the result. However, the Amazon service representative wasn't surprised by my experience. He said the screen is made of a different material than LCD screens and that the use of screen cleaners can indeed damage the display.

My message is to people who haven't yet used a cleaner on their device. To them, I say, why take the risk, especially if a dry or damp cloth can clean the screen to your satisfaction.

Like I said, if you know that your cleaner doesn't damage your device, then by all means enjoy it. If you've got an unknown variable, either cleaner or device, then a little prudence can go a long way. I didn't even try a plain cloth. I jumped straight to my familiar LCD cleaner.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote