View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
A 2,000-book library is not particularly large. And in any event, the delay should be entirely dependent on the number of books on the device. If it isn't, then it would be very good to know why.
Here's the debug text:

Starting up...
Started up in 6.1850001812
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: dirs are: G:\ documents
DEBUG: 0.8 USBMS: count found in cache: 38, count of files in metadata: 39, need_sync: True
DEBUG: 0.8 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 0.9 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 0.9 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= carda
DEBUG: 0.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. oncard= cardb
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 7.0 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 7.2 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
get_metadata cache: 3176 calls, 99.94% misses

As I mentioned this connection was extremely fast, like I'm used to, and was unremarkable. The connection afterward was substantially slower but still an improvement.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote