View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You do it so consistently that I wasn't going to say anything. But then you commented on his errors, so it gave me an opportunity to bring up yours. It looks like you only do it with corporations and websites. Here are a couple examples:

Have iRex given you any indication of when you're likely to get your iLiad, Martin?

amazon.co.uk don't sell eBooks at all, AFAIK.

According to the middle school english teacher I asked, those should be singular conjugations, not plural.
Oh, OK .

That's a difference between British and American English. In British English, names of companies, teams, etc, virtually always take verbs in the plural; in American English, they take verbs in the singular.

Eg, British English says "Sony are shortly releasing a new version of the Reader...", but American English says "Sony is shortly releasing a new version of the Reader..."

Just one of those things; we are both using our own language "correctly".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote