View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #28
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
For the higher pixels to work for comics and magazines, wouldn't the resolution of said documents need to be that high (1536x2048 at least) to make a difference? Given that, wouldn't the file sizes involved eat up memory at a rapid pace?

Short of throwing down the extra cash for the highest memory available (64GB), users with high quality graphics on their comics and magazines would be switching out document files constantly. Personally, I would rather have an SD/SDHC socket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, it would simply need to be higher than the 1024x768 resolution of the current screens.
This. Resolution of a lot of comics is already higher than the current 768x1024 available on the iPad 2 so there should be a noticeable difference on those. I do believe I actually have manga scans close to that resolution. File sizes are at around 80~200MB per volume. Yes, I pre-ordered the 64GB model (would have even spent extra for 128GB if one were available). I would like support for an external card slot but this is Apple we're talking about so I doubt we'll see it.

I do think I'll move to an Android tablet eventually (eying the upcoming ASUS Transformer). Unfortunately, while apps for smartphones have caught up, apps designed for Android tablets are still lagging behind the iPad.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote