View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #11
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Being young enough not to know better? That's the ideal age to enjoy a book. I was impressed by Dune as young man. Re-reading it when ereaders first came out, my impression of the book diminished. I read Moby Dick when I was 14. Reading it again decades later ... still amazed by the quality of the writing and depth of the story. A book that holds up over time is a true testament to the greatness of the author. Kids may laugh at Homer's Iliad and the Odyssey, but I bet these two works will still be cherished after Twilight and Harry Potter are buried deep in a landfill.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote