View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoman View Post
Hmm... why does everyone think that AirVideo is only a streamer? Bad marketting on their part I guess.

AirVideo also converts offline for syncing through iTunes. It'll convert anything into a H264 file and you can queue just as many things as you wish and let it rip. The only clunky thing about this is that you can't control the destination of the converted file: it will be saved in the same directory your original came from in m4V format with "airvideo" tacked on to the name.

It's also a very fast converter. I have tested it head to head against Handbrake and it wins hands down.

I have watched many, many things offline I pre-converted with it.

It also has the unique capacity of streaming from your desktop over the internet to your iPad over wifi or 3G (I wouldn't recommend the later with a limited data plan for obvious reasons.) Setting that up took me all 30 seconds with my particular router although some people seem to have issues with that and that functionality is labeled "beta."
oh its a good app but so is Stanza and again That cant play a .avi file on an iPad from a memory stick.

nothing against airvideo but its completely irrelevant to playing video on the iPad as whilst it may also be a converter as well as a streamer it isnt a video player on the iPad.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote