View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
mtrahan
Colonel Mustard
mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.mtrahan is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPhone 6, Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I don't know if it is a problem with ID. However, you can solve it with some careful RegEx. The reason that the links don't work anymore, is probably that the id-names are not unique anymore. All id's in the anchors must be unique.
You have to check each chapter to solve it. I personally would recommend something like: id<chapnr>_<note number>. So, the second note in chapter 3 would be id3_2. That would make it unique. For the backlink you could use idref instead of id.
Actually, no, that is not the problem with the links—I should have given more details. The problem is that the links generated act as if the footnotes were in the same file as the text where the notes are called (I don't know, in english, what's the name of the "numbers" that calls the note).The notes, in the text, are like this:

Quote:
<a class="footnote-link" href="#footnote-182197-110" id="footnote-182197-110-backlink">[110]</a>
There is no file-name in the link, just the id (right? or am I using the wrong word?). And keep in mind that all the notes are now at the end of the last chapter. That's why the notes are working in this chapter, but not in the other ones.

The very good thing is, while replying to this message, I got an idea that did the trick: I merged all the chapters in Sigil and then re-split them! Thanks to Sigil, the links now work correctly!

One problem solved. For the numbering, I guess I'll have to do it manually.

And BryanK, glad to hear that the situation is (probably) better with CS5.5. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade now. Will keep it in mind though.
mtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote