View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #34
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
I thought the FW has zlib on board, so you should be able to unpack files from zip-files directly into memory.

Thanks again for the fast fix. I have a request though. I read some manga and it would be nice if could open a dictionary in imageviewer the same way as in Adobe Reader or FB2-Reader. So I can retype the Japanese word from the image to find the meaning of the unknown word.
zlib doesn't work directly with zip files, you need some more code on top of it. libzip seems to be nice to work with, and builds easily with the cross compiler, so I'll have a go with it. librar doesn't look to be anywhere near as easy to work with, unfortunately.

I've never tried coding a dictionary into a program. If it's straight-forward, I'll put it in. Free buttons are in short supply, though. Is it okay to open it with the menu, or would something like a long press on the OK or MENU button be better?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote