View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #13
sensoria
sensoria began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can put a book in as many shelves as you want, both on the device and via calibre.

From calibre, if the shelf column is a tag-type column, just enter multiple shelf names. Or, you can use multiple columns. I usually have a my own shelf column plus the series column. But, I have used the tags column. Have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184 for how to do this.
Many thanks. I've had the automated shelf management set up since day 1 with Calibre (there are no words for how awesome it is) but my Shelves field isn't a tag-type column, it only accepts one value. I didn't know there was a way to do multiples! I'll have to play around with the plugin.

ETA: Looks like I'd selected the wrong column type when I set it up. Thanks so much, this will improve my shelf management by 10x!

Quote:
I know what you mean, but I'm not sure I would give up the screen space for this. I'd be happy with a way to display the details page from within the book. Also, if you read the Kobo forum, there are a lot more calls for getting rid of the page number area so that more space is available for text.
Yeah, I can definitely see how it could be an annoyance to some. Shame there isn't an enable/disable option for the entire footer.

Last edited by sensoria; 12-04-2012 at 11:48 PM.
sensoria is offline   Reply With Quote