View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #21496
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
[COLOR="red"]Got the small flashlight, fits on the belt. This one: the QV7
http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...89&cat=52&ap=1

More than I'll need, I'm sure, but handy
Are you ready for this? The flashlight is not so much for finding your way as it is for psychological comfort when stranded... although it will help you if you need to walk in the dark. Personally, when I get stuck in a strange area after dark, I just hole up and wait until morning. I figure it's better than twisting an ankle trying to find my way out.

And Stitchawl? The WOODS? I'm in the desert mountains. Just some scrub ironwoods and a few other oversized bushes.......[/QUOTE]

We used to hike in the Angles National Forest and in the Sierras. Probably the same sort of 'high desert.' Scrub brush, creosote bushes (which REALLY burn hot and long!) the occasional Ponderosa, Sugar, or Jeffery Pine standing alone (three of their cones will burn for about 30 minutes, hot enough to boil water,) etc. Just be sure to stay out of the dry stream beds at night time... Ya never know what was going on, weather-wise, 50 miles upstream.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote