View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #15
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
So waiting for a few months to buy the newest book is "forcing" someone to get a stolen version of the book? thats rather drastic. why not just shift your book buying schedule a few months so you are not "forced" to steal? grab a couple of free classics or even purchase something else you wanted to read while you wait a couple months?

They don't put out the paperback at the same time as the hardcover, does that "force" you to steal the hardcover?
it's a simple matter of who provides the best service. If they offer a book four months after it is rationally available as a digital product and the pirates offer it a few days after release, why should anybody wait? This isn't 2001, they don't get to set the rules any longer. Doesn't matter for me anyway, I won't buy anything from traditional publishers any more, and my boycott has been in action for quite awhile now. They start getting my custom when they stop treating writers like shit, and not before.

Last edited by Moejoe; 12-11-2009 at 05:13 AM. Reason: removed one too many 'longers' :)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote