View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #1
mjlamb
mjlamb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to set Beginning page for Kindle

I have published my first book on Amazon for Kindle but so far have been unsuccessful in achieving the Beginning page I want. New downloads always open on the first page of text, but I want the reader to see my front matter first, as in a traditional book. Amazon tech support is of no help at all. They say the problem is fixed, and it appears to be fixed in their emulators, but still does not work in the actual physical readers. I have tried the following hints from online forums: (1) In Sigil I assigned "Add Semantics 'Text' " to the desired Beginning page; this works for older original Kindles but not Kindle Fire models; (2) In Calibre I found a March 2011 thread titled "Changing "Beginning" Location"; Calibre must have changed a lot since then because "Tweak Epub" is not found on my Calibre for Mac v1.44.0, but I tried entering the suggested " <reference type="start" etc. >" directly in the content.opf html code and that did nothing for me except create an odd truncated duplicate of my first page.

Do I have the right forum for publishers, and can anyone help with this please??
mjlamb is offline   Reply With Quote