View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
In the case of the Nook HD/HD+, they clearly overproduced - it was cited in news articles even - thus the fire sales.

The losses resulting from device overproduction in multiple years was part of the reason for the management shakeup (CEO & CTO-Nook). I would expect that the new team would be playing conservative enough that they will likely be underordering rather than the reverse. It'll be interesting to see if there are shortages during November/December. To the OPs original point while I would expect prices of the LCD devices to drop slightly in a year as a new devices come out (that's the nature of things), I am definitely not expecting to see fire sales in 6 months like there have been the past two years.

The above is my personal opinion, and I don't work for B&N anymore anyway.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote