View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa3 View Post
Why won't calibre make it simple - create a calibre viewer app for the iOS and probably for Android, too.......
I once asked Kovid that very question, and his response was that he wishes to make enduring software that will be useful for decades, and he doesn't think a smartphone app is the best use of his time.

Personally, I'm fine with such a succinct answer, because it means he keeps making calibre itself better.

Having said that, you have several options to do what you want. Were you aware that Calibre has a built-in webservice that lets you access your library over the internet from any browser -- including android or iOS ones? On the android side of things (sorry, I don't have an iDevice), there is a calibre app developed by a third party.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote