View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #135
syngress
syngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with otherssyngress plays well with others

Device: Kindle K3
Unhappy

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me unbrick my daughters kindle

She went to use it a week or so ago and the screen was stuck on the screensaver, I had a look and a read around and found out about holding the power button for 30seconds, this didn't change anything, I then left it on charge overnight as I wasn't sure what charge the battery had. After trying the power button for 30seconds the screen changed to the boy under the try with the words 'Slide and release the power switch to wake' doing that does nothing. So after googling I have ended up here

So I have followed the instructions for de-bricking with no luck so far. I have (Using and old laptop with WinXP) downloaded ATK and all the relevant Kernel and Rootfs files, on trying to flash I press the Program button (After making sure all the other settings are correct), and after a couple of seconds I get a message saying 'Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset target'

I have left the Kindle on charge for a good 48hours, tried again and still the same.

Now I myself have a good working K3, so I have made sure mine has a full battery charge and then swapped over the batteries, same results, expect my Kindle does report the battery (the one from the faulty kindle) as almost dead so I have put that on charge, but expect that battery to be shot.

I am wondering if there is anything I can dump off of my working Kindle to flash to the faulty one or if its likely the faulty one has had it?

Any ideas will be warmly welcomed before I have to buy her a new one

Thanks,

Mike
syngress is offline   Reply With Quote