View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #15421
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMacs View Post
*shrug*

I will say this upfront, I don't agree with Rand's ideology, at least what I see as a very rigid portrayal of what and who is right and wrong in this book.

Setting that aside, I enjoyed reading Atlas Shrugged, despite what I consider serious flaws in plot, dialogue, and character development. Her prose has been described as dense and wooden, but I would even say that she is under-appreciated as a stylist because of her very visual descriptions of scenery.

I think Atlas Shrugged is worth reading at least once, to see what the fuss is about and be able to discuss it intelligently. I plan on reading it again.
The problem with Atlas Shrugged is the words. If we removed them, we'd have a very short and easy to read book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote