Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #972
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
First of all, Many thanks for porting JBPatch over to the Paperwhite. I mainly use one patch - the font size one - which makes a major difference in reading quality.
However, I am also having an issue with it. The Latin/English fonts and characters work exactly as expected once the font sizes are set in the patch preferences. I am using JBPatch in tandem with the USE_ALT_FONTS hack, and the custom fonts work perfectly in Latin and English, with "live" changes without the need of a UI restart.
Things are different with Arabic/Persian fonts. The characters are displayed correctly, but the font sizes are very difficult to configure properly and almost always alternate between a very small size and a very large one, neither of which correspond to the "extremes" configures in the JBPatch preferences. It is almost never possible to have fonts displayed at one of the intermediate steps of the aA menu - one selects them, restarts the UI, and nothing happens. Could anyone please offer advice on what might be causing this problem?
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote