View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 AM   #7
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
Could not help myself. A binder could keep the library, the epages could load the reading material and be taken out of the binder, the bulk of processing and storage in the binder, the epages being lightweight in every respect (bluetooth page loading? Processed by the binder and sent for simple display when needed? - interesting when things get this flexible and thin, the possibilities just seem explosive).

How about a binder being an interactive, writable, PDA (even if it had an LCD screen). I could see that working on a whole lot of levels (GPS maps sent to the handheld page from the cover/binder dangling from a belt perhaps).

It is multiple epages, displaying different documents, that gets me especially, I often work with four or five books and articles in front of me. I read a lot of history for pleasure, and a map open as I read, an encyclopaedia (biographies of people mentioned etc.,.), perhaps a dictionary, using the tablet/binder for interaction (searches, lookups, notes, and scribbling on pages being read even if I read them on the epaper, but mark them on the LCD).

Sorry about all the wild speculation, but for some reason this has really hit me, I think it may have been the pictures of the epaper being used and the controls being a "stick" on one side, so simple it would seem a shame to overburden the thing, but rather keep it as the simplest type of page flipper doing the minimal amount of processing, and holding enough memory to hold a really really big book but not a library.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote