View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #13
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
The 505 is NOT a downgrade from the 700, as you finally realized.

Regarding the 300's screen, it seems most of these comments come from a brief look at one, or even just hearing the size and thinking it's too small without even using one! Au contraire, I find the 300'[s screen size to be great and it may be even easier to read. Why? Because the lines have about 5/6 the text of the same document on the 6" screen. There's less side-to-side movement of the eyes, similar to (but to a lesser degree) reading columns of newsprint. I think it is slightly more 'comfortable' than the 505 for sustained reading. BTW, this is based on actually reading hundreds of novels on the 500 and 505 over a couple ofm years, and a few dozen books on my 300.

I'll bet if, for some reason, some ebook devices were made with 7" displays, and then a company came out with a more portable 6" version, many folks here would say "oh no, I looked at it in the store (or read the specs) and 6" is too small for an ebook display."

Last edited by DrMoze; 11-18-2009 at 12:24 AM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote