View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #20071
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Nanny View Post
Still working on Sorcery and Cecelia -or- the Enchanted Chocolate Pot, a charming fantasy novel set in Regency era England.
I finished this book and the sequel, The Grand Tour -or- the Purloined Coronation Regalia. I have one more to read in this fantasy trilogy, but I've been catching up on some mystery series in the meantime. I read both Burn and The Rope by Nevada Barr -- the 16th and 17th book in her Anna Pigeon series. One more to go, but my library doesn't have a copy to borrow. If I wait 6 months, they can request it via ILL. I also finished listening to David Baldacci's The Sixth Man, 5th in his King & Maxwell series. I have some credits at Audible, so I'll pick up the next book, interestingly titled King and Maxwell.

I'm now reading the 4th book of David Simpson's Post-Human series, Human Plus. I've very much enjoyed this series. I've seen quite a bit of criticism in various reviews, and while I agree somewhat with the reviewers about flaws in the writing, they haven't been serious enough to keep me from enjoying the books. And, since I was able to borrow the omnibus for free from Amazon's Lending Library, I won't complain.

Also listening to The Map that Changed the World: William Smith and the Birth of Modern Geology. This is another book from Simon Winchester and I've **really** enjoyed his books. The author reads the book and his voice is as engaging as any professional reader/narrator.

Last edited by Hampshire Nanny; 06-28-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: fixed an annoying typo
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote