View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #43
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I don't think the goal is to buy the client base, I think it's to close the loophole to iTunes the Dropbox represents.
What loophole?
What is this belief that the only way to get content onto the iPad is through iTunes? It is true for the Apple-supplied media apps (eg built-in Music and Video apps). It just isn't so for most third-party media-consuming apps.
FTP clients, FTP servers, web clients, web servers, samba clients, calibre (OPDS?) clients, app developers have found that there are lots of different ways to get content into apps. And Apple has approved each of these apps.
I only sync my iPad with iTunes when I need to do iOS updates, and with iOS5 that won't be required either.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote