View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc2739 View Post
I'm not sure about other Kindles, but this statement is not entirely true for the Kindle Touch.

I have changed the password on my Touch to a length of greater than eight characters and logging in using ssh and scp require all characters to be entered.

I cannot verify serial port logins since I have not opened my Touch and do not have a serial cable.
Read his post again. No matter how long you type the password, the first 8 characters are considered as password (I verify this).
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote