View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #19
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
...They may be taking the angle that a foreign ISBN indicates a distribution agreement, not an employment situation *shrug* The IRS apparently has no specific guidance in the ecommerce field, just demands to pay up!
This is true with Lulu but not Smashwords which is annoying... it's 30% (reduced to 0% if I'm prepared to spent £120 a year getting notarised ID and filling in four or five of the IRS's lovely forms, culminating in the tax return). 30% isn't too much (although of course vice versa, the UK only witholds 20% naturally) but I don't know if it's 30% of gross or net, presumably it's 30% of whatever Smashwords might pay to me, 30% of gross would be completely barking... oh... but sorry, I forgot, it's the IRS.

Sigh...

Last edited by M T McGuire; 05-05-2010 at 05:41 PM.
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote