View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
KevisHendrickson
Zealot
KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevisHendrickson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
Thanks for the opportunity to check these out for free!

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the RTF version of books 1 and 3 are huge! Close to 50 MB for one and 60 MB for the other, whereas book 2 was around 4 MB.
Chainring,

I was not aware that there was such a discrepancy in the size of the .RTF files for my ebooks. I can only guess that the reason for this is because the files contain illustrations. What makes this even more peculiar is that the other formats such as .mobi and epub have much smaller files than the RTF counterparts. I suppose this has something to do with the Smashwords meatgrinder formatting process. Unfortunately, I have no control over this process and can only suggest that you add my ebooks to your tag cloud before and after you read my book in order to conserve space on your designated ereader.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to my attention. I will be sure to pass the information on to anyone who is concerned about downloading large ebook files. In any event, I hope you enjoy Rogue Hunter. And please don't forget to post a review on Smashwords or Amazon. It will really help me in my promotional efforts.

-99 CENTS WEEKEND SPECIAL! Rogue Hunter: Quest of the Hunter
(Reg. price $4.99)
Sale Ends 3/29/10

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3564

Last edited by KevisHendrickson; 03-27-2010 at 10:52 AM.
KevisHendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote