View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 05:59 PM   #70
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohofke View Post
It does not work in firmware 5.6.
But what about 5.4.5?
My Kindle was "canceled" by Amazon.
I re-read this entire thread and did not see any reports about 5.4.5.

I don't own a PW-2, so I can't try it myself ('it' being the fake registration, the IPTables entries **should** still do the blocking intended).

Hmm....
I am pretty sure that 5.4.5 is new enough that it was shipped as a complete image.

You will have to do the downgrade 'by hand' - since the 5.6 series is protected from "downgrade attacks" (Lab126's phrase for it).

You will have to take the Amazon image apart (with KindleTool) to get at the files that need to be transferred.
That is, unless we have a 5.4.5 image (set) posted for the purpose of de-bricking.
It would be best to check the 'manual' de-bricking threads about that before trying to DIY.

Once you have the image files in the form needed for the eMMC partition -
Then as mentioned above, you will have to boot into Diags and dd the image file into place.
Same directions as for putting the 'Main' de-bricking image on the Kindle that you can find in our older, 'manual' de-bricking threads.

- - - -

In the terms used by this forum -
A PW2 running firmware 5.6.x must be treated the same as a bricked Kindle (say thank you, Amazon).

Last edited by knc1; 06-22-2015 at 06:01 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote