Thread: Price sensitive
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #46
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Given how long it takes to read a book, it's tremendous value. Compare what books cost per hour of reading, vs. what other forms of entertainment (eg. movies) cost per hour of entertainment.

Pay as high as $6 for? I think nothing of paying $15 for a book I want. If I want it, I buy it, and the price doesn't really matter. For example, I bought this: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Steal...IOQ/page1.html

(Full disclosure, it's non-agency and I had a generous coupon code to use, but it still cost waaaaay more than $6. )

I'll be reading a typical book for, what, a dozen hours? Maybe more? Dirt cheap, per hour, compared to most other forms of entertainment at almost any price.
It might work out at good value, but I never need anything so urgently that I can't wait. I'd been trained to wait for the paperback long before there were ebooks.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote