Thread: Seriousness McDonald's
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #29
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
Pink Slime
The person who gave it that name should be kicked. While I don't like over-euphemism-ing stuff like that, giving it disgusting names isn't any better.
Just call it MRM or Meat Slurry.

I have to admit I'm somewhat glad it isn't allowed here (apparently it's banned in the European Union), but I don't think it's as bad as it is made out to be. There are enough other meat-recovery methods anyway - none of them produce T-Bone steaks...

The "worst" probably is the ammonia - and I don't think this really is a problem, despite what is said in the media (explosive, fertilizer, etc...).
Ammonia boils below room temperature - so I doubt much of it is left in the meat at all, and even so, once you start frying the burger (surely no one would make steak tartare with that), it should be all gone.

Meanwhile, people happily use "salt of hartshorn" to bake cookies - probably because it sounds so natural. Too bad it releases ammonia too, being made up mostly of ammonium bicarbonate...

There certainly are enough disgusting animal products already, no need to go against fast food companies, as if they'd invented the idea of using all the parts of an animal.

At least that is actually meat, not just ground up internal organs.

Still, I agree it doesn't look pretty. If you ask me, meat never does. Still tastes good. I like the chicken nuggets - though I'm quite certain they're not just stamped out a chicken either...

---

P.S: Of course, it might be the McDonalds I know is different from what you know - they should be roughly the same, but since they likely use local sources for their products, there may be differences? No pink slime here, but surely other sources of MRM.

P.P.S: Ever ate something that was colored with Natural Red 4(E120) ? <ggg>
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote