View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
People always ask me about whichever "eReader" I have - first my nook and now my Vox. And I seem to have become the go-to person when friends/acquaintances decide to get an eReader. Of course, they ask what they should get.

I very rarely suggest a Vox as an introductory eReader. I ask the questions: "Is this your first eReader? Are you transitioning from paper books to electronic? Do you have a smartphone/tablet already?". I am convinced that a tablet-type reader isn't the best first step into the eReading world - especially because of the potential eye-strain. An e-ink reader is such an easy transition from paper to screen!

That being said, now that I have my Vox, I haven't touched my Nook (original). I think it would be different if I had a Kobo that easily shared my books and bookmarks, but when I wanted an eReader, the Kobo hadn't even released yet! Hard to believe that was only two years ago...
-------------------------------------------------

It was very kool to see that after I set up the Touch with the Kobo desktop, it then synced all my 99 + books, mags, and newspapers! Talk about not minding a 'cloudy' view, LOLOLOL! Yeah, that was great. I certainly didn't need to buy the Touch with having the Vox...but it was a good price, and the two really compliment the other's forte. I don't see one being put into the desk drawer over the other, either. My wife hasn't shown much interest with the Vox, other than when I am viewing the Epicurean Magazine, and she snuggles in to view with me. The one problem with that...is then we want to throw the covers off...and make a run for the kitchen...pans flying, butter and cream ripped from the 'fridge...you know. ROTFLMBO! "Oh well...". "Hon...want me to pour white, or red?"

She will be thrilled with her new, and wrapped Touch. Too bad she has to wait...for I'm not sharing mine! "No.." tapping her hand away "..mine, mine...mine....". She's getting ticked at me.... LOL. I want her to enjoy her 'discovery' come Christmas morning. I can just see her grabbing a coffee, putting a fire on, and settling into the wing-back chair. Oh yeah....and our Doberman sitting on her feet as she usually does....munching a bone. Life is GOOD! (smile). I hope she enjoys the book-to-electronic transition.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-16-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote