View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
My daughter got a regular Kobo reader last Christmas and this year she's expecting a Vox from hubby. She likes to read in bed at night and hubby doesn't like the light on. She hopes the Vox will solve the problem. Personally, I find the Vox, even at its dimmest setting, still throws out quite a bit of light when reading in the dark. I'm waiting for Kobo to fix the unstoppable auto-rotation in the native reader.
---------------------------------------------

I totally agree with you. That is another reason that I was interested in the Touch. Even though the Vox does a splendid job with formatting and clarity of font, I still found myself rubbing my eyes even with the lowest setting after about an hour. I can read with the Touch until I need to put the 'book' down. Like I was saying, I would not want to have to choose between either/or. Having both really sets you up for doing, or reading anything, and under any lighting condition. She will like having the options... I guess so will her husband!!!
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote