View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #9
edcculus
edcculus began at the beginning.

Device: blackberry
Hi, I ran across your forum while doing some research on printed electronics. I am a graphic communications major and have been doing some research on this topic for the past 2 semesters.

I have had the opportunity to talk to Bill Ray on several occasions. He has presented here at Clemson and at the recent PLGA (Packaging and Label Gravure Association) conference in Miami this past March. This technology is real. It is not mature, and will not hit the market for another 10 years or so. The company has changed its name to Nth Degree Technologies Inc.

What you can look for in the near future (this summer) in the US is printed light on packaging. This already implemented in Japan and Australia.

Also, I know it is kind of hard to believe some random guy coming off the street, but I have actually held several of these displays. Sorry, I don't have pictures. If you visit Th old Quantum Paper site you can see samples of the packing and POP displays they are producing. It might not look impressive on the screen, but those are printed on a piece of paper. There are no LED lights behind the print. It is completely flat.

Well, sorry for the long post. If you want any more info on printed electronics, feel free to email me. I'm pretty sure my email is enabled for members. This is very cool technology. I am thrilled to be in the middle of it right now.
edcculus is offline   Reply With Quote