View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
Capjack
Capjack began at the beginning.

Device: all
Thank you for making me feel so welcome

I feel amongst friends, so I'll let my hair down and say, if I thought writing a book was difficult, and promoting it time consuming, then converting it from word.doc or pdf is bloody horrible.

Yes, yes, I will take the advice given and peruse the workshop forums and pray I find an answer to why odd bits of text refuse to translate. I mean, eagle eyes are required to find the buggers. I've tried converting the word doc, which is fairly huge, into html and got a million place names etc and a strange loss of quotation marks. So I thought, a ha, I'll convert the PDF file that we printed from, into html. Oh no! It lost bits of text - only discovered by chance when straightening out the images.

Sorry, you've probably heard all this before. But at least I feel a bit better.

Onwards, to success!!
Meanwhile Jude and I are preparing our vessel for winter storage down here in freezing Tasmania. That alone is a huge task. Removing the sails, ropes and gizmos, cleaning her from stem to stern, because we'll be shortly flying north to warmer climes, back home for a few months break. But while we've got shore power, seemed a good chance to start the book conversation.

Cheers for now, the sun has popped out and deck duties await.
Capjack is offline   Reply With Quote