View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
ollymolly
ollymolly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberhill View Post
Hi - I got a Kobo for Christmas and since then I have been using the Borders Desktop app to add new books to my library. My problem is that every time I do a sync the list of books I'M Reading goes haywire - those I am reading are no longer there and those I have finished reading are back on the list.

Am I doing something wrong?
Hi same happened to me. Just because I bought one book from Borders (Oz). It took out all my books I had downloaded from other sites and I couldn't read them any more. Fortunately I only got this for Christmas too and the other books I had downloaded onto Calibre. So I plugged in the device, went to the device in Calibre, removed the books from the device (NOT from Calibre) and then got Calibre to send them to the device again. Now all is restored and I will not sync with Borders (or anyone else) again. If I can't get a book to Calibre I will not download it.

(The problem is similar to that on iTunes if you let it update your music automatically rather than select the manual option. Except there didn't appear to BE a manual option on Borders.)
ollymolly is offline   Reply With Quote