Thread: Accessories Kindle 3 cover need help
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Opening the back cover shouldn't be a problem unless you're opening it blindly somehow. The back is blank except for the light in the corner, if you have the lighted cover. The front has a distinct smooth edge and the elastic string running down a groove in the cover. The string has a large flap attached to it. The difference between front and back are very noticeable, even by touch alone.
Good point. That covers most situations. I'm thinking of the scenario where I take a break from reading and put the reader down on my lap, front cover down and elastic not fastened. I might then absentmindedly open the back cover to resume reading, as if it were a p-book (half-century-old reading habits die hard). I know, the short answer is "Don't do that", but I wouldn't want to have to think too hard about it. After all, I bought the cover to protect the Kindle. I don't want to have to handle it as if it were a ticking bomb.

I'm not getting lathered up about it, though. I'll just wait and see how it works in practice.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote