Thread: Accessories Kindle 3 cover need help
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viseguy View Post
That's a little unsettling. I'll be carrying the K3 around in my backpack, and I don't want to walk (and read) in fear of damaging the thing. I'm going to wait and see how it works in practice. If it feels tenuous, I'm going to look into alternatives, including the forthcoming Oberon covers, which attach more securely.
Opening the back cover shouldn't be a problem unless you're opening it blindly somehow. The back is blank except for the light in the corner, if you have the lighted cover. The front has a distinct smooth edge and the elastic string running down a groove in the cover. The string has a large flap attached to it. The difference between front and back are very noticeable, even by touch alone.

In normal operation you'd have to reach around to the front and release the elastic string before opening the back. I wouldn't worry as long as you're even minimally careful.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote