Thread: Accessories Kindle 3 cover need help
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grzzly View Post
I can only recommend the Amazon cover. I got the unlighted version and the feel and look of it is great. I also don't really get why people complain about the price. It's a solid piece of real leather. That will never be cheap...
That's the way I feel, too -- although I only have the cover, not the Kindle (yet). It's handsome yet sturdy, and the front cover bends nicely all the way around the back.

My only concern at this point is that the Kindle only fastens on its left side. The cover instructions include the following warning:

Quote:
When using your Kindle with the cover, be careful to open the front cover only. If you open the back cover and pull the cover away from the Kindle, that may cause the attachment hooks to bend and could result in cracking or other damage to the Kindle.
That's a little unsettling. I'll be carrying the K3 around in my backpack, and I don't want to walk (and read) in fear of damaging the thing. I'm going to wait and see how it works in practice. If it feels tenuous, I'm going to look into alternatives, including the forthcoming Oberon covers, which attach more securely.

Last edited by Viseguy; 08-28-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote