View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Ann Coulter and Civility

Self-proclaimed polemicist and "mean-spirited, bigoted conservative (second)". Ann Coulter is the author of seven books, so far, and ranks at the top of many liberal and non-liberal hate lists, as well as many conservative worship rolls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter

Personally, I think Ann is the funniest writer in the past 20 years. Don't agree? Who cares?

Well armed is well-informed, and I'll be reading Ms. Coulter and her critics in the coming months. To learn how to debate with fanatics, you have to learn about their thought processes and verbal tactics. From Maguire's book, Brainless - The Lies and Lunacy of Ann Coulter:

"When Ann calls Darwinism a “makebelieve story, based on a theory that is a tautology, with no proof in the scientist’s laboratory,” she violates the skeptic’s guideline that scientific language does not make science (note her use of the word “tautology”) as well as erroneously transferring the burden of proof back onto evolutionary theorists."

Now, the theory of evolution is a serious subject. Readers of all persuasions should be arguing about this topic, instead of silly technology issues. Another thread on this sub-forum addressed the issue of civility on Mobileread, and wondered, where has it gone? Freedom of speech has gone into extreme orbit, thanks to the internet, cable tv, and public airways. We're never going back to the dignified ways of the past. So many threads seem to degenerate into childish diatribes, I wonder what sort of meds some of our readers are on. For example, why do people get so vociferous about e-ink vs. lcds?

If I start out a new thread/poll about what color should eReaders be sold in (red, white, black, or blue?), I'm sure I'll see 150 replies and half a dozen hijack attempts. Can't we all just grow up? But this time, I'll have my trainer (Ann Coulter) by my side. Lol.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote